The ASC Technology Committee will examine and understand emerging imaging technologies so that it may advise its membership and the motion picture industry in the convergence of these technologies with traditional motion picture techniques. It is the responsibility of the ASC Technology Committee to represent the combined interests of its membership by influencing the supporting industries to seek solutions that further the overall goals of the ASC for Loyalty, Progress and Artistry.
The ASC Technology Committee shall:
- Advise the ASC membership about the challenging technology issues affecting cinematography and how these issues impact the role of the cinematographer.
- Influence the production community, as well as standards setting organizations worldwide.
- Support ASC Education Committee in furthering the education of cinematography students.
ASC Technology Committee:
- Curtis Clark, ASC: Chair
- Richard Edlund, ASC: Vice Chair
- Steven Poster, ASC: Vice Chair
Sub Committees of the ASC Technology Committee:
- Advanced Imaging
Gary Demos: Chair
Phil Feiner: Vice-Chair
Dave Stump, ASC: Chair
Richard Edlund, ASC: Vice-Chair
- Digital Display
Glenn Kennel: Chair
Steven Poster, ASC and Jerry Pierce: Vice Chair(s)
- Digital Intermediate
Lou Levinson: Chair
Josh Pines: Vice-Chair
- Digital Preservation and Archiving
Grover Crisp: Chair
Garrett Smith: Vice Chair
Richard Edlund, ASC: Chair
Dave Stump, ASC, Ana Benitez: Co-Chair(s)
Gary Morse, Howard Lukk, Al Barton: Co-Chair(s)
Ron Frankel, David Morin: Co-Chair(s)