Continuing its mission to educate the next generation of filmmakers, the American Society of Cinematographers has announced that the next ASC International Master Class sessions — conducted in partnership with ARRI — will take place in Beijing, China, on April 10-13 and April 16-19
These two three-day intensives are intended for the very advanced student or experienced cinematographer currently working in the motion picture business.
Classes will be taught by ASC members and include instruction on:
- Dramatic lighting & shooting
- Shooting High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Shooting large format with ARRI Alexa 65
- Lighting and shooting automobiles and commercial products
- Blending live action with computer-generated imagery (CGI)
- Shooting visual effects with greenscreen compositing
- Color science
- Postproduction color grading
Confirmed ASC member instructors for the Beijing events are Karl-Walter Lindenlaub, Fred Elmes, Theo van de Sande, Steven Fierberg, Bill Bennett and Sam Nicholson — each of whom have participated in previous ASC Master Class sessions.
The ASC member instructors will be joined by colorist Florian Utsi Martin, who will discuss his role in crafting the image.
Each Beijing class also includes opening and closing dinner receptions with ASC members and ARRI representatives.
You’ll find complete details about the inaugural ASC International Master Class event, held in Toronto, Canada, here.
You can register for either Beijing event here.